Business Intelligence Engineer/Data Scientist
Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Engineer
BRCK’s network footprint is growing and we are generating significant amounts of data. We have built world class data infrastructure and are now looking for the right person to extract more value and key insights from our data.
For the role of BI / Data Engineer we are looking for someone that is a seasoned Python developer, with a passion for stats and metrics. You’ll be working with a number of internally developed data tools as well as developing automation to manage data.
The BI / Data Engineer will work closely with our management team to identify key metrics, and work with the software teams to extract and highlight key information. You will be supported by our software engineering team, but will be required to be self motivated and internal customer focused.
Skills and requirements:
- Formal education is encouraged, but your skills will be judged on their own accord.
- Minimum of 2 years writing commercial quality software for cloud based applications.
- Python programming experience
- Working knowledge of statistics for BI
- Basic knowledge of database design and SQL for large datasets
Preferred skills and experience but not required:
- Python Pandas
- SQL (Postgres/Redshift)
- Grafana / Metabase etc dashboarding tools
- Nginx, Postgres and RADIUS stacks
- Docker, Kubernetes and distributed application development and modern devops practices.
- Experience working on scaled software with multiple hundreds of thousands of users locally and globally.
- While this role does not encompass AI or deep learning, this is an area we are actively working with and any experience here will be taken into consideration.
Priority will be given to individuals with a proven track record of thinking creatively and a passion for global communication.
This role will be remote, ideally based in Nairobi, Kenya or within 3 hours timezone.
Remuneration 150-250K Kenya Shillings ($1500-$2500USD) per month gross depending on experience
Please submit a recent CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the title “BI Engineer Application”
P.O Box 27178-00100
2nd Floor, Bishop Magua Centre,
George Padmore Lane